The highest priority at each of our resorts is the health, safety, and security of our guests and employees.
Updated: Aug 11: 2020
Our commitment to health, safety, and security
In response to the development of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are continuously monitoring and following the changes in recommendations and guidelines of the local governments and the local health authorities in and outside India, to continue working towards providing the best service possible while safeguarding the safety of our guests and staff team, within the requirements issued by the government and local authorities.
The availability of food, pools (at some of our resorts), and other amenities may be disrupted.
Cleaning Regime Changes
When guests check into our resorts over the next few months, they will notice a number of additions to the resort group's protocols designed to set a higher standard of cleanliness for the resort. Specific areas of focus include:
Surface Areas: In public spaces, each resort has added to additional rigorous cleaning protocols, requiring that surfaces are treated with hospital-grade disinfectants and that this cleaning is done with increased frequency. In guest rooms, all surfaces will be thoroughly cleaned with hospital-grade disinfectants. Our resorts will also be placing disinfecting wipes/hand sanitising liquid for guests’ personal use.
Guest Contact: To help alleviate the risk of COVID-19 transmission through person-to-person contact, we will be using signage in shared areas to remind guests to maintain social distancing protocols and will remove or rearrange the furniture to allow more space for distancing. You’ll see a few hand sanitizing stations around each resort – near the entrances, front desks and restaurants, etc.
Food Safety: At each of our resorts, food handlers and supervisors will be trained on safe food preparation and service practices prior to the opening of the resorts. Our resort's food and beverage teams are required to conduct self-inspection and their compliance will be checked by a newly appointed hygiene inspector to ensure that we maintain the highest standards and also adhere to legal requirements and current good practice protocols as they develop.
Our Cancellation Policy
We understand that in these uncertain times and travel plans may get affected. We have introduced greater flexibility into our Terms & Conditions (please click to download a full copy).
Prior we often requested a 100% deposit, we now only request a 50% deposit to secure a reservation.
Up to 30 days prior to check-in we will allow one change of dates (subject to availability) with no penalty.
If you choose to cancel within 30 days of your arrival date and we manage to completely fill your entire dates, we will then offer to hold your full deposit against a later stay this (2020-21), or next season (2021-22).
The deposits paid are non-refundable so that we can survive in business and offer great rates and flexibility.
Please read our full Terms & Conditions. We are human and care about our guests whose happiness and enjoyment are our priority. We will endeavour when possible and reasonable to add further flexibility to our Terms & Conditions.
Terms & Conditions
Check-In & Check-Out Times
Our earliest check-in time is 1pm (*Except at The Cape Goa where it is from 2pm) and check-out is
before 11am. I am sorry but we have to be fairly strict about times because most guests do not leave
until the last possible moment and also want to check-in as soon as possible. You are welcome to ask
if early check-in or a late check-out is possible when you are with us and our staff team will advise
you depending upon our occupancy.
When you reserve, you will be given the type of cottage that you select and not a specific cottage.
Reservation Dates and Requirements
We will email you confirmation of your deposit payment and your reservation details. It is your
responsibility to check the confirmation for accurate dates, room types and amounts and advise us of
any inaccuracies or omissions.
Although we love animals, we have to say no because there are local beach dogs that are territorial
and will attack dogs from outside. I am sorry but we have to say no to pets.
Deposits & Payments
No booking can be accepted as finalised without the payment of a deposit.
Any balance of the room payment is due on arrival at the resort.
Any balance can be paid in Indian Rupees (cash), we also accept most foreign currencies (cash),
credit cards (for payment when with us, please ask us before any payment for any related charges.
Please be aware that your card issuer may charge you a transaction or currency exchange fee and
we advise you to make yourself aware prior to making a payment. You can also withdraw cash from
either of the two ATM’s in Agonda.
We are happy to accept any remainder owed when you are here in part payments and we will provide
The deposit is non-refundable because by reserving the room for you we may have to turn away other
We are sorry that your deposit will not be refunded if you cancel or decide to leave early.
In the event that we are forced to cancel a reservation due to unforeseen circumstances (for example: a
government shutdown or restrictions), at our discretion, we may offer to transfer your deposit to a later
stay this or next season.
Accessibility or Special Needs
Although our cottages only have a couple of steps, because of the surrounding sand and terrain they
can be difficult to access for people with limited mobility. That said, with your permission we are willing
and happy to assist under your direction. There is a spectrum of needs, so please feel welcome to
discuss with us any assistance or information you may need.
Food & Drink
Guests staying at all our resorts will receive a complimentary breakfast (unless otherwise informed).
If you have specific dietary requirements, vegan, nut allergy, etc, please inform our staff and chef
before each meal as we can adapt dishes and follow your instructions. Please give us a little advance
notice as we may be busy.
Extra Children Policy
We consider children to be up to 12 years old or younger, and if you have 2 or more children above.
At this age, we would recommend that you reserve another cottage and we will try and keep both
cottages next to each other.
For each child, there is a nightly charge (this will be charged automatically when you reserve and
inform us about your children) and it is assumed that children may share their parent's bed, we can
provide only one extra bed in the cottage as there is limited space. The extra bed is free. If you have
more than 1 child please let us know and we will make the reservation for you. The extra person
charge will apply, but we will only be able to provide 1 extra bed in total.
Extra Adult Policy
We prefer for there to be only two adults in each cottage as it helps to prevent an overcrowded resort
and maintain a peaceful environment. (Children 12 years or above are considered adults)
We do have parking facilities at all of our resorts. There is a huge area above The Cape Goa where
you can park a car. We are not responsible for cars or any belongings left in them. However, we
generally have a security guard near the entrance and have had no issues to date.
Resort Events & Local Festivities
Occasionally we have local Goan dancers or Indian classical music for our guests, we do not allow
loud music and try to maintain a peaceful resort. However, we have no control over the noise that may
be generated by religious festivals such as Holi and Ganesha. Also on occasion, our neighbors or
others in the area may have a celebration which we must tolerate or embrace.
Force Majeure (greater force)
We are exempt from fulfilling our contractual obligations for causes that could not be anticipated
and/or are beyond our control. Such as and may include an act of God, Act of Man, Act of Parliament,
and other impersonal events or occurrences. The before said, we have integrity and will endeavour to
provide you with the services mentioned and hopefully exceed your expectations.
Some circumstances are beyond our reasonable control including, unseasonable/adverse or extreme
weather that may have an impact on the resort or its surroundings. This may affect the beach/sand
and the ability to swim or enjoy the beach as anticipated at the time of booking.
We will not knowingly give your personal information to anybody else (except where required to do so
by authorities). We will retain your information and from time to time we may contact you with our
promotional and resort related information.
We regularly update our websites and printed information but, from time to time due to changes in
facilities, the environment, or updates to the resort and cottages the text and or photographs may not
be a current exact representation. We do not inform future guests of updates and upgrades to the
cottages, resort, or surroundings.
Guests are advised to obtain comprehensive insurance
We advise guests to plan and research their holiday and where possible obtain comprehensive
insurance to cover any/all travel associated risks, as the resort accepts no liability and will not pay any
compensation/refund any money where the performance of its obligations is prevented or affected
directly or indirectly by or as a result of force majeure or any circumstances beyond its reasonable
control including, but not limited to, flood, earthquake, extremely adverse weather conditions, natural
disasters, other acts of God, acts of terrorism, unforeseen infestation, flight schedule alterations, fire
or failure of electric power, gas, water, or another utility service, plant machinery, computers, vehicles or
any collapse of building structures.
- We will retain your personal information and will email occasionally with offers etc. You will remain on our email list and also a member of the Loyalty Programme. You may cancel your membership at any time by contacting us by email.
- Loyalty cards and offers are personal to you (and other guests sharing your cottage) and cannot be transferred to anybody else.
- Loyalty cards will be issued at the start of each stay and will expire at check-out time on your check-out day.
- In addition to the above, the resort (VilasaAhuta PVT LTD) reserves the right to:
- Stop issuing loyalty cards at any time if we decide to terminate the loyalty programme.
- The resort group reserves the right to refuse membership without a given reason or reject any application if the required information is not supplied accurately and in full.
- To alter or amend the terms and conditions of operation of the loyalty card program benefits, and special offers without notice.
- Withdraw or cancel the loyalty card at our discretion without notice.
- Any of the offers have no monetary value and cannot be accumulated or swapped.
- From time to time the card will promote offers from third parties, we are not liable for the availability of those offerings.
- The resort makes no warranties or representations, whether expressed or implied and expressly disclaim any and all liability (including consequential damages) with respect to the quality of goods or services claimed, redeemed and/or enjoyed through the loyalty programme. All conditions, warranties or other terms implied by law are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws and regulations.
- Fraud or abuse concerning the loyalty card usage is subject to appropriate administrative /legal action by the hotel/ or cost added to a guests room charges.
- The safe keep of the loyalty card is your responsibility and a replacement will not be issued.
- Your use of the loyalty programme constitutes agreement to the above terms & conditions.
DATA WE COLLECT
The term “Personal Data” in this policy refers to any information that you might voluntarily give when you are accessing our website or stay at one of our resorts.
We (Vilasaahuta Pvt Ltd) collect your information as necessary in an effort to provide you with the best experience and services that we can.
Personal Information that we collect may include:
- Your contact information (e.g., name, telephone number, email address, postal address);
- Your financial information (e.g. credit card number, security code, expiration date);
- Information related to your travel profile (e.g., accommodation and travel preferences, booking history, special health needs).
- When you contact us or our affiliates, we may keep a record of that communication and any communications and correspondence with you.
- Information about your computer, including where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and security reasons and to collect aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- The information we collect from third parties includes your contact information and information related to your travel profile.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
We may use your Personal Data in the following ways.
- To administer and process your reservations, which may be made via our website, a mobile application, or our third-party service providers’ website and to confirm your booking. We may send a confirmation of your booking via email or other means and in the case of room reservations, a pre-arrival message summarising your confirmation details and preferences.
- To provide you with hotel-related services, including but not limited to accommodation, food and beverages etc, and to facilitate any special requests or assistance that you have requested.
- To personalise our services and products to you, we use specific information about you, such as your food and beverage preferences and other special requests. We may store your Personal Data in our system to serve you better upon your return.
- Providing marketing materials such as updates, offers, and subscriptions or connected with us via social media platforms. You may also see these offers, promotions and information on social media platforms through which you have connected with us. Please note that this is subject to the terms and conditions of use of the relevant social media platform. It is, however, our intention to only send you communications that you may want to receive. If you request we will remove you from any mailing lists. We will periodically contact you via your preferred channel(s). We typically use third-party email service providers to send emails. Personal Data will not be shared with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
- For further personalising our marketing to you. We analyse information that we collect about customers to determine what offers are most likely to be of interest to different categories of customers in different circumstances and at different times. You have the right to opt-out of such analysis of your Personal Data at any time.
- To comply with our legal obligations such as auditors and government authorities, and to cooperate with law enforcement agencies, government authorities, regulators and/or the court in connection with proceedings or investigations anywhere in the world where we are compelled to do so.
- To ensure that content from our website is personalised and presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
HOW WE SHARE THE PERSONAL DATA
- We may disclose your Personal Data when required by relevant law or court order, or as requested by other government or law enforcement authorities to assist with proceedings or investigations. This also applies when we have reason to believe that disclosing the Personal Data is necessary to obtain legal advice, to identify, investigate, protect, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing interference with our guests, visitors, associates, rights or properties, or to others, whether intentionally or otherwise, or when anyone else could be harmed by such activities.
- We may share the data to chosen third parties such as service providers to use your Personal Data for the purposes set out in the section “HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA”.
HOW WE STORE THE DATA
We may store your Personal Data in the following ways.
- Locally, we may store your data locally in each hotel’s management software and in the hotel back office’s computers.
- On the internet, we may store your data in our Property Management System providers and securely in the cloud.
Your principal rights are: Right of access, Right to rectification, Right to erasure, Right to restriction of processing, Right to data portability, Right to object.
We do not collect personal information from children/minors below the age of 16.